The Webcam Darts Forum

Raspberry PI 4 with Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 - how to get run?

Claudio posted this 24 April 2020

Hello at all:-)

I have a Raspberry PI 4 and a Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 and wondering, how to handle it working with webcandarts.com cam-test?

Chromium did ask me for permission using camera (i do not know which one is used, i have Raspberry v2 Cam connected internaly on the board and the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 connected on USB...but chromium just asked me for permission for camera, not for which one) and i did press the "yes" button.

But when i call the webcamdarts.com cam-test page it shows shortly an error "[errorMessage]" on the top of the side (gone after seconds), does not have any selection in (just an empty line which can be select) the list of possible video devices.

And in the message list on the bottom of the page ican see this messages:

navigator.getUserMedia error: {"name":"NotReadableError","message":"Could not start video source"}
navigator.getUserMedia error: {"name":"NotReadableError","message":"Could not start video source"}

Does anypne has an idea what could be the problem or a solution?

Many thankz in advance.

Best Regards - Claudio

Hawaii50 posted this 27 April 2020

Hi, I just setup for the first time today, and while I'm not using a Pi, I've had this problem and know raspberry Pi's well. The issue is that their cam tester software isn't working, so ignore this. I used my laptop, and chrome defaulted to the built in camera, not the external webcam. I since found out that tucked away in the privacy settings, you can select your preferential camera. The same will be with Chromium, so hopefully, if you go into settings and search for camera, you will be able to do the same. 

Hawaii50 posted this 27 April 2020

To confirm, I checked my camera was working in a separate piece of software (also used to frame up the board). You might want to do the same (I used OBS which you can install on the pi), which I then closed down. The only way I could test to see if it was working was start my first ever game, and sure enough, after I fixed the chrome webcam selection issue, it was fine and worked fine.